- 1. Is Norton Security available for small business?MoreYes, Norton Security is available for small business firms. It is called Norton Small Business and it can be purchased at Norton Store. It protects PCs, Macs, smartphones and tablets.
- 2. What is the difference between Norton Security and Norton Internet Security?MoreNorton Security and Norton Internet Security are exactly the same products with two different names hence no difference. Norton Internet Security was discontinued in October 2014 and in its place a new edition was released named as Norton Security.
- 3. How many editions of Norton Security are available?More
There are 3 major editions of Norton Security:
Norton Security Standard (for a 1 device)
Norton Security Deluxe (for up to 5 devices)
Norton Security Premium (for up to 10 devices, includes online PC backup, 25GB)
- 4. How to protect kids from sharing personal information over the Internet?More
You must specify the information in your Norton Family Account to prevent your kids from sharing over the Internet.
To protect your kids personal information
• Sign in to your Norton Account
• Click the CHILDREN tab and then click the cog wheel on your kids account.
• Below the Profile tab, expand the Personal information box and then type the information that you do not want your kid to share on the Internet.
- 5. How to install Norton Antivirus on my Smartphone?More
Norton Antivirus Security is available for every platform like Window, Mac, iOS, and android. To install Norton Antivirus on your mobile:
For Android Devices: Open the google play store and download the Norton security and antivirus app. Note: log in to your account.
For Apple Devices (iPhone and iPad): Open your iTunes app store and download it. When the app is downloaded log in with your Norton account details and register your device.
- 6. What are minimum system requirements for Norton Internet Security?More
The minimum system requirements for Norton Internet Security are:
Operating System Operating Systems Supported Windows
- Microsoft Windows XP (all 32-bit versions) with Service Pack 3 (SP 3) or later
- Microsoft Windows Vista (all versions) with Service Pack 1 (SP 1) or later
- Microsoft Windows 7 (all versions) with Service Pack 1 (SP 1) or later
- Microsoft Windows 8/8.1 (all versions). Some protection features are not available in Windows 8 Start screen browsers.
- Microsoft Windows 10 (all versions). Edge browser not supported.
- Current and previous two versions of Mac OS X. Password Management feature not supported.
- Norton Family and Norton Family Premier features not supported
- Android 4.0.3 or later. Must have Google Play app installed.
- Android 4 or later required for Norton Family Premier Android app
- iOS 8 or later
- 7. How to Fix Norton Security Error 8504, 104?More
Causes of Error 8504, 104
- Corrupt file download or failed installation of Norton software.
- Corruption in Windows registry from a recent change in Norton software (install or uninstall).
- Virus or malware in system that has corrupted Windows system files or Norton related program files.
- Another program mistakenly deleted Norton related files.
- Another antivirus or security product already installed.
To fix the problem, use the Norton Removal Tool
To fix the problem by another security program, uninstall any non-Norton security software that appears on the list under Installed Programs in your Control Panel.
- 8. Is Norton 360 trial version similar as a purchased one?MoreYes, Norton 360 trial version software has the same functionalities as a purchased version.
- 9. How to cancel the free trial so I don’t get charged?MoreIf you don’t want to be charged, it is important to cancel from your free trial period at any time before it expires (normally within 30 days). You can do that simply through your Norton Account, or by contacting Norton support team.
- 10. Is Norton 360 compatible with Windows 8?MoreYes, the latest version of Norton 360 (version 2014) is compatible with Windows 8.
- 11. Can I use Norton Internet Security key to activate Norton 360?MoreNo, you cannot use Norton Internet Security key to activate Norton 360 Antivirus. All Norton activation keys are product specific.