Causes of Error 8504, 104
- Corrupt file download or failed installation of Norton software.
- Corruption in Windows registry from a recent change in Norton software (install or uninstall).
- Virus or malware in system that has corrupted Windows system files or Norton related program files.
- Another program mistakenly deleted Norton related files.
- Another antivirus or security product already installed.
To fix the problem, use the Norton Removal Tool
To fix the problem by another security program, uninstall any non-Norton security software that appears on the list under Installed Programs in your Control Panel.